The Lalsk historical museum was founded in 1990. It occupies the big two-storey building that was built in the 1880-s. The house belonged to Pryanishnikov,s family before 1918. Sergey Pryanishnikov worked on the Paper factory belonged to a Lalsky merchant Alexey Sumkin, as a paper-making master and some years later as a manager. His brother was a well-known Russian painter Illarion Pryanishnikov, who visited sometimes to Ialsk and was a guest in this house. The ground floor of Pryanishnikov,s house is stony, and the first floor wooden, decorated by fretted details in ancient Russian Style.
The museum has 6 exhibition rooms and the special exhibition hall in the regional center Luza-city. The most remarkable collections are: Russian North flax folk clothes; old wooden fretted and painted distaffs; samovars; pottery; church worship articles and books published in Russia in bate XVIII century