Тhe history of the Pavlovsk Historical Museum began on December 18, 1936, when the Pavlovsk Industrial Museum was opened under the Pavlovsk Industrial Union of Metal Processing Artsels. In 1970, it was merged with the Pavlovsk Museum of Local Lore, which emerged on a voluntary basis. In 1980, the museum received its modern name and became part of the Gorky Historical and Architectural Museum-Reserve as a branch. Since 1991, the Pavlovsk Historical Museum has been an independent municipal cultural institution.
Visitors are invariablay attracted by the unusual metal products presented in the museum's exposition. Among them is a castle- a giant weighing 50 kg and a castle- an invisible weighing 0/009 grams; a 100-piece folding knife "Pig".
The Pavlovsk Historical Museum is located in an urban-type estate, the buildings of which are built in the style of academic eclecticism by the merchant Gomulin in 1885.
The estate is an architectural monument. A feature of decorating the facades of the manor complex is the use of large number of white stone, from which 30 double mufted columns of the second floor of the mansion, 18 smaller white stone columns in the d?cor of the mansion and attics are made