Mozhaisky Historical and Regional Studies Museum was founded in 1920 on the basis of Zemsky Museum of visual AIDS for schoolchildren and some objects of Countess Uvarova's Porechye estate private collection. In 1941 there were severe fightings in the vicinity of Mozhaisk. The exhibits were evacuated and had not come back. The Museum was re-opened only in 1981. Since 1986 it functions as a branch of the State Borodino War and History Museum-reserve.
The local excursion objects are: the Mozhaisk Kremlin with ramparts of the ancient fortress and the stone gates of the XIV-XVII centuries; the Church of St.Peter and Paul (1848), Novo-Nikolsky (St. Nicholas) Cathedral (1684-1812), the Luzhetsky (Ferapontov) monastery (XV-XVII cent.), the Memorial to heroes of the Battle of Moscow (1941-1942), who defended and released Mozhaysk region from fascist invaders.
The Museum has an exhibition hall that regularly hosts exhibitions and museum activities.
Annual local lore readings are held in November