The main task of our museum is the exposure, the preservation and the propaganda of the historical and cultural heritage of our town.
The name of Borodino was given to the settelement in 1949, then to the town in 1981 after the name of the village of Borodino which is situated in 4 kl from the open-cast mine of Borodinsky. Coal-mining is the work of many people and the life of our town depends on it.
Our coal open-cast mine began to work since August 1945. It was being built by former prisoners - of war of fashist concentration camps who were fried by allies in 1945 and sent by the decision of Ministry of Defence without any court to serve their sentence for being prisoners of war in 1942-1943.
First the coal was founded near the village of Borodino in 1889. The village was formed in 1827 by the decree of governor of the Yenisei province on the Siberian Road