In 1995 in honor of the 20th anniversary of the city of Labytnangi on the basis of the collections gathered Gorskay Irina Petrovna, the city was opened a Museum of local lore. In the Museum are widely presented in the collection: Ethnography (clothing and way of life), minerals Polar Urals, applied art (bone carving) and others.
Labyt-Nang - translated from the Khanty language means "seven larch". From this phrase happened name of the camp, and later of the village, and then the city. The exhibition is devoted to the history of the city, reflects the main stages of its development, its ethnographic features. Also presented the history of "the dead road" (the construction of the railroad on the site of the Chum-Labytnangi), the first city-forming enterprise лесоперевалочной base.
The Museum was awarded: Diploma of the international festival of crafts of Finno-Ugric peoples of the Ugra - 2002. Khanty - Mansiysk; Diploma of the festival of Finno-Ugric peoples "Yamal mechanic" - 2002; The commemorative medal of the President of the Russian Federation of Dmitry Medvedev "65 years of Victory in the great Patriotic war of 1941-1945", 2010.