The Amur Cossacks history museum was opened on July 11, 1993 in the former Cossacks' government building (there was the village ataman's administrative office), which wos built in 1912. The founder of the museum was G. N. Shokhirev - a hereditary Cossack, the first Amur Cossack chieftain. He collected some historical information about Amur Cossacks, Chernyaevo Cossack village, which became the basis of the museum.
From 2010 the Amur Cossacks history museum is the branch of the Amur regional local museum. Now it is a new 2-storeyed building.
Now the fund of the museum has more than 8 thousand items. Most of them are life subjects (end of 19th - beginning of 20th centuries), given to the museum by Chernyaevo's people (Magdagachinsky district), including the Shokhirevs. The new museum exposition reflects the Cossack settlement in Amur Region, the foundation of Cossack villages, introduces material and spiritual culture of the Amur Cossacks (end of 19th - beginning of 20th centuries), tells us about famous family dynasties.
The activity of museum staff is directed to preservation, study and popularization of the Amur Cossacks' history, the revival of the traditional Cossacks' culture, being respectful to their native land's history