Bratsk and Bratskgesstroy history museum was opened in 1979. In accordance with the resolution of the Mayor of Bratsk. In 2003 became one of the branches of Bratsk joint city history museum of mastering Angara River.
Permanent exposition presents original documents and photos depicting the builders of Bratsk Hydro Power Electric station, the foundation and development of industrial enterprises and the history of young city.
It has become a tradition to organize a lot of different art exhibitions.
Research activity aims at preservation and studying historical and cultural heritage of native region.
All the "Ogni Angary" newspapers since 1955, Bratskgesstroy photo department negoteka, documentaries about the builders and workers of Bratsk and Ust-Ilimsk are kept in the museum.
Today the museum deals with various social groups: war and labor veterans, schoolchildren, students and children from kindergartens as well.
Deferent meetings with writers, artists, poets, social and religious leaders, war and Bratskgesstroy veterans are popular with visitors of the museum.
Bratsk and Bratskgesstroy history museum is a center of educational and cultural life of the city