www.Museum.ru :
 
http://www.RussianMuseum.info/M3070
.
        Web site   |   Professional   |   Images
       in Russian  
The Museum of Simbirsk and Ulyanovsk Architecture and Town-Building


Phone: (8422) 42-04-63

Address: 432063, Ylyanovsk region,

Working hours:* Warning:
preodered visits only

Internet:
    www.russianmuseums.info/M3070 - official web page
    The State historical memorial complex "Lenin`s hometown" - W1182, official web site www.ulzapovednik.ru

    E-Mail:


billboard, events and excursions



Description:
    In the middle of the 17th century the frontier of the Muscovite state was marked by a number of fortresses and walls, which protected the country from the raids of numerous steppe tribes. The Great Russian wall stretched for hundreds of miles from the Ukraine to the Urals. It consisted of impassable forest areas, as well as moats and ramparts reinforced with picket fences and log towers. A fragment of the wall and tower was reconstructed in the central part of the city (between Tolstoi Street and Lenin Street) in the place of the formerly existing fortress. Now it has become a popular place for various folk holidays and theatrical performances.

    The complex was opened in 2000. The construction was started in 1647 by the okolnichy Bogdan Khitrovo. The fortress was left by the military in 1708



Museum's services:
   museum shop


for museum professionals

Administrative phone:
    (8422) 32-63-62, Fax: (8422) 32-63-62



Foundation and opening day:
    opened: 12.07.2001

Organisation status:
   Federal

Organization form:
   non-for-profit

Organisation type:
    culture for society, scientific

Classification:
    Architect and monuments,Historical,Museum preserve


Squares:
    permament show rooms 129м2
    museum's store 92м2

Employee number:
    10 (curators: 4)

Average visitors per year:
    7000


Collections volume:
    116, rare collection's items: 99



Web sites and CD-disks:
    above






Copyright (c) 1996-2015 The Museum of Simbirsk and Ulyanovsk Architecture and Town-Building

Copyright (c) 1996-2017  Russian Museums .info