The house - a wooden private residence and adjoining garden - was built in the early 20th century. It is located in the old centre of Kazan. Here academician A.E.Arbuzov (1877-1968) - the founder of chemistry of organophosphorus compounds - had been leaving since 1916 till 1968. Here till 1955 also lived family of his senior son - well known chemist academician B.A.Arbuzov (1903-1991).
Uniqueness of the museum lies in authenticity of the household conditions kept untouched from Arbuzovs time. The furniture, library, the pictures painted by A.E.Arbuzov, snapshots, manuscripts of scientific papers and lectures, correspondence of the scientists with relatives, colleagues etc., vividly represent the time in which Arbuzovs family lived, and help to imagine the remarkable people in their domestic atmosphere.
For survey three memorial rooms (a drawing room, a dining room and a bedroom), a verandah and decorative little garden are intended. There are also another two rooms in which additional expositions are placed. One of these expositions is devoted to Alexander Arbuzov, and another - to Boris Arbuzov.
Funds of the museum total more than 28 thousand genuine exhibits. They are connected with Alexander Arbuzov and his children (Boris, Yurij and Irina), with the well known architect K.L.Mjufke (the brother-in-law of Alexander Arbuzov), and with other relatives and pupils of the famous family.
Arbuzovs' human qualities, their habits, literary and musical interests, hobbies attract special interest of visitors.
The museum was opened for visitors in 1971.
Welcome to museum!