The Regional Museum of local lore was opened by the Decision of the Central Executive Committee of June 8, 1944.
The Museum was opened for the visitors on June 10, 1945. From the archive`s reference: "There was no any renaming fo the period of the museum`s work… It is a type of scientific research institution. It studies the region`s economics, the development of culture and historical guestions".
The museum`s employees have been rewarded with diplomas more than once. By the result of their work in 2003 they have been rewarded with diploma of the Jewish Autonomous Region`s Legislative Assemble and valuable present.
At present exposition halls display natural resources of the region, history of Priamurye exporation and the Jewish Autonomous Region`s formation, Civil War and World War 2 and the modern development of the Region. The museum carries out scientific research, collecting and educational work.
The Children`s museum center works on the base of the museum