The Cruiser "Mikhail Kutuzov" was the twelfth ship of the project 68 bis. Founded in February 1951 at the Nikolayev shipyard and launched on 9 August 1954. After passing a series of tests the ship was put into the Black Sea Fleet. Area of responsibility has become the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, as well as the Central Atlantic, where "Mikhail Kutuzov" carried the service until the decommissioning of 1998. At this point, the ship passed 211,900 miles and visited the ports of Yugoslavia, Albania, Syria, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria
Officially, "Mikhail Kutuzov" participated in two armed conflicts in the Arab-Israeli war, in 1967 and 1973. Both times he was in the port of Alexandria as a command post of chief military adviser to the Soviet Union in Egypt.
In 2002 the cruiser "Mikhail Kutuzov" became part of the Central Naval Museum as a branch. The ship of military glory "Mikhail Kutuzov" stationed in the port of Novorossiysk