www.Museum.ru :
 
http://www.RussianMuseum.info/M238
.
        Professional   |   Images
       in Russian  
The Patalogoanatomical Museum of Department of Pathological Anatomy of St. Petersburg State Academy of Veterinary Medicine

Phone: (812) 298-1378

Address: 196084, Saint-Petersburg,

Working hours:* Warning:
preodered visits only

Internet:
    www.russianmuseums.info/M238 - official web page

    E-Mail:


billboard, events and excursions


Description:
    The Museum of Department of Pathological Anatomy is one of the largest pathologoanatomical museums in Europe. It was founded by Prof. N.D.Bull in 1921. In 1920-s the Museum preparatious began to be collected by professors and assistants of the Leningrad Veterinary Institute and by veterinarians from at the Soviet Union. In those times the unic preparations of glanders, anthrax, rinderpest and contagious pleuropneumonia appeared. In 1958 the Museum collection was fullfilled by many preparations from the institute of Veterinarian's Postdiplomic Education. In resent time the Museum collection includes more than 8000 preparations, 40000 gistological preparations and more than 1700 original paintings by Ann and Grigori Garnar - the professional artists. The Museum collection is placed in three halls


Next to the museum there are:
    restaurant(s) or caffes


for museum professionals

Administrative phone:
    (812) 298-3631, Fax: (812) 294-1176



Foundation and opening day:
    founded: 1921г.

Organisation status:
   Ministry

Organization form:
   non-for-profit

Organisation type:
    scientific, educational

Classification:
    Natural history

Squares:
    permament show rooms 500м2

Average visitors per year:
    более 10000


Specific departments:
    restoration dep.

Collections volume:
    около 9700



Web sites and CD-disks:
    above






Copyright (c) 1996-2010 The Patalogoanatomical Museum of Department of Pathological Anatomy of St. Petersburg State Academy of Veterinary Medicine

Copyright (c) 1996-2017  Russian Museums .info