The museum of MEPHI was founded according to the Principle's order on april, 8, 1976 by the initiative of both the Principle and cosial activities organizations and also by a group of entisiasts. The museum was open on January, 31, 1980. he total area is 250 square meteres.
These are the main parts of the expositions - history of the creation and development of the institute since November 1942, organization and changes of the educational process in the institute in different years, scientific and research work of the students, sports and cultural activities in the institute.
The exhibition reflect and shows in details the structure and the main characteristics of all the academic faculties of MEPHI.
In the museum there is a rich scientific library of books published by the institute teachers, a great number of which was reproduced aboard and published in different languages all over the world/ There are about 1000 copies of various publication.
A specifical attention in the museum is paid to such things as the documents devoted to the first days of the museum.
In the museum there are a lot of articles connected with scientific works written by students, technical progress in Russia an many other great things.
In the museum thereis also "The Book of memory", which includes the names of those, who contributed very much to the work of the institute, to scientific and education. Such noble names knows all over the world as Kurchatov, Arsymovich, Kikoin, Millionchikov and mane others.