At the root of a museum in the town of Severo-Kurilsk was a teacher of Russian language and literature - Flavius G. Sergeyev. Search team, with the romantic name "Alaid", establish contacts in the museum with the veterans of the Great Patriotic War, the liberation party Kuril Islands in August 1945, a Hero of the Soviet Union, Peter Ivanovich jesters, who described in detail the feat of Peter Ilichev and Nicholas Vilkov.
For more than ten years working in the North Kuril high school museum of military glory. At this time, the museum letters arrived from Kamchatka, Leningrad, Kishinev, Ryazan, Moscow, Tbilisi, Lvov and other cities. Besides the letters with documents and pictures began to come to make things belonging to members of the heroic events. His vest and peakless cap Kuril landing party sent NI Osipov, jacket, shirt and collar sea - crew member mine layer "Okhotsk" AP Kazantsev, etc.
May 9, 1983 the museum was given the status of a museum volunteer. January 13, 1993 the North Kuril museum was given the status of municipality. The accumulated local lore and historical material that reflects our permanent collection of the museum is the result of long and hard work severokurilchan, people will love Kuril land