Omsk Museum of People's Artist of Russia K.P. Belov (1900-1988) was opened March 29, 1991. Foundation of the museum was initiated by the local branch of the Union of Russian Artists.
The founder and first director of the museum was the daughter of the artist Vera Kondratyevna Belova (1934-2001). Most of the collection consists of works of People's Artist of Russia, K. P Belov (1900-1988), given to the museum by his heirs. These are landscapes, historical paintings, original book illustrations, drafts, sketches from life. The personal archive of the artist contains handwritten memoirs, letters, documents, and many photos. In recent years, the museum's collection was replenished with the works of K. P. Belov's son, S.K. Belov (1937-1989), a famous artist of the "Sixties", honored artist of the RSFSR, and his grandson, V. M Nekrasov. There is a small, but growing collection of works of modern Omsk painters and graphic artists received by the museum after the solo and group exhibitions.
The museum is placed in a wooden house which is a monument of wooden architecture. It was built in the early twentieth century by rich manufacturer F. F. Stumpf. He has left its mark in the history of the city of Omsk. The combination under one roof of two significant figures for Omsk, K. Belov and F. Stumpf, attracts visitors and arouses their interest