www.Museum.ru :
        Professional   |   Images
       in Russian  
The Museum of History of Stone-Carving Skill of Altai

Phone: (38576) 25-341

Address: 658332, Altai area,

Working hours:*

    www.russianmuseums.info/M1497 - official web page


billboard, events and excursions

    The museum of the history of stone-carving was founded in 1989. It was founded attached to the Polzunov stone-carving works in Kolyvan. The traditions of stone-carving skill can be traced to the late 18th-early 19th c.

    When an imperial grinding works which dealt with semi-precians stone meshinging was constructed. Most part of the articles of the Kolyvan grinding works are kept in the depositories of the Hermitage and in other Russion museums. The museum in the Altai has in it's funds interesting collections of sem precious stones found in the Altai wonderful articles made by the masters of the 19th c., items which reflect the history and development of the works.

Next to the museum there are:
    hotels and restaurants

for museum professionals

Administrative phone:
    (38576) 25-341, Fax: (38576) 25-341

Foundation and opening day:
    founded: 1985г.
    opened: 24.06.1988

Organisation status:

Organization form:

Organisation type:
    culture for society

    Historical,Science and technics

    permament show rooms 163м2
    museum's store 16м2

Employee number:
    3 (curators: 1)

Average visitors per year:

Collections volume:
    2400, rare collection's items: 1500

Web sites and CD-disks:

Copyright (c) 1996-2023 The Museum of History of Stone-Carving Skill of Altai

Copyright (c) 1996-2024  Russian Museums .info