Local history museum of Slavgorod includes: historical section, minor showroom, big showroom - the gallery. The museum exercises following activities:
o exposition show
o excursion-mass and cultural-educational.
The museum was based on a voluntary basis by Gemerov in 1958. Since 1978 it is situated in the building of merchant Selutin - which was built in 1910-1914 on the K.Libnehta Street 143 in the center of our town. It is the two-storied, made of birch, plasted building with the basement. The Museum is monument made in style of eclecticism with the dominance of elements of classicism, in this building we face with the motives of baroque too.
This building was retool as museum on the initiative of Lobachev - the 1st secretary GK KPSS.
The 1st exhibits - objects of life of immigrants: documents, letters, rewards of participant of GPW(2 st WW), the collection of samovars, cameras, musical instruments. There are the 22715 elements of keeping now in the funds of the museum.
Expositions tell us about foundation and development of Slavgorod, about live of immigrants, industry, culture, education, medicine, sport, wars and soldiers of XX century, archeology, flora and fauna of our region.
Visitors give preference to the history of immigrants, German-colonists, admire with the collections of cameras and cinecamera, samovar, numismatics