Building Hangalasskyi district a study of local lore museum of a name of G.V. Ksenofontov is constructed in 1912. Built an ambulance station, simultaneously with church in Kerdem. Here from August, 1916 till February, 1917 of veins political exile revolutionary Grigory Konstantinovich Ordzhonikidze (Sergo) also worked.
Hangalasskyi district the study of local lore museum of a name of G.V. Ksenofontov is based in 1962 as House-museum Sergo Ordzhonikidze by teacher-enthusiast Pokrovskoj of the high school deserved by art worker Republics Sakhas (Yakutia) S.D. Ivanov, then became branch of the Yakut incorporated state museum of history and cultures of people of the North of a name Em. Yaroslavsky. And the building in 1975 is accepted on the state protection as a monument of republican values.
After 1991 it is transformed to a museum of history prilenskikh coachman's stations as section district a study of local lore museum. On February, 19th, 1993 - Hangalasskyi district to a study of local lore museum G.V. Ksenofontov's name is appropriated by the decree of the President of M.E. Nikolaev.
Before a building you see monument Sergo Ordzhonikidze - subsequently it became the visible politician of the Country of Advice. The museum during Soviet time was the house-museum of name Sergo Ordzhonikidze, in 90th years it is renamed into a study of local lore museum by it. G.V. Ksenofontov. Gavril Vasilyevich Ksenofontov - native Hangalasskyi district, one of the first Yakut scientists who have created fundamental proceedings on ethnography, an origin of Yakuts: "Uraanhayi sakhalar", "Elleyiaada", "Shamanism", etc.
In 2007, in a year of 325-years anniversary of Pokrovsk, it has been lead re-exhibition a museum, devoted to anniversary of city and the 375 anniversary of occurrence of Yakutia to structure of Russia