The National Museum of the Republic of Bashkortostan is located in the city of Ufa, the capital of the Republic of Bashkortostan on the Soviet Street, 14 in the building of former Peasant Land Bank. The building is a monument of history and architecture.
The National Museum, founded on April 23 the in 1864 at the Statistical Committee of the Orenburg province, with the active participation of the Governor G.S. Aksakov, has now become the scientific and methodological center of the museum of the republic. Every day 35 of its permanent exhibition halls take different categories of visitors, the active research work is conducted, the lectures in museum study is leaned with the students of universities.
From 2001 to 2004., According to the Decree of the President of Republic of Bashkortostan, the major repairs and restoration in the building of the museum are took place. At the same time, a new exhibition based on the latest developments in the exposition of art and design, was designed and built by the group of research staff.
Nowadays, the National Museum of the Republic of Bashkortostan - is one of the largest repositories of valuable artifacts. Over 180 thousand exhibits is kept in its funds, that relate about the nature, history and culture of our region and about the people who inhabite it. Every day, the employees work at replenishment and at the study of museum collections. Each year the museum organizes the archaeological and ethnographic expeditions. The work with the population to replenish the museum collection is conducted.
The main direction in the work of the museum is to serve visitors. The museum has 4 exhibition departments: Natural History, Department of Archaeology, Department of History of the region, Department of Ethnography